Battlegammon by Andrew Bergstrom
This is a variation of Backgammon using a
circular board and spaceship miniatures.
Battleshift (2005) by Thanes Games
A game intended to be a fast enjoyable space game that
allow playing real fleets. A playtest version is available
at Thane's Games website.
Battle Platform Antilles (circa 2000) by Dan Verssen
A solitaire game of spaceships attacking a battle platform.
The game is available at http://www.battleplay.com/.
Battle Platform BiFrost (2002) by Dan Verssen
Another solitaire game of spaceships attacking multiple
battle platrforms. This game is listed as free at
Battle for the Fringe (1998) by Nashtar Games
A Call to Arms by Mongoose Publishing
A set of Babylon 5 spaceship combat rules issued after
the Babylon 5 Wars rules went out of print. Also see
their Babylon 5 RPG rules, and miniatures.
These rules are available in both book format from Mongoose
and PDF format from Wargaming Online
A Call to Arms Accessories (circa 2006) by Gale Force Nine
- Orginal Edition:
- Revised Edition:
- Second Edition:
- Signs & Portents Magazine:
These are accessories to be used with Moongoose's
A Call to Arms miniatures game.
Captain's Log by Task Force Games and by Amarillo Design Bureau
Captain's Log is an in house magazine for the games produced
by Amarillo Design Bureau, especially the games Star Fleet Battles
and Federation Commander.
Chart Wars/Space Waste by D.I.P.Co.
Two games in one package, one of which is a simple space combat game.
Bughunt by ?
Combat against aliens inside spaceships Space Hulk style.
Rules at http://freespace.virgin.net/pete.jones/index.htm.
Cold Space by One Small Step
This game is not yet released and currently is in playtest
as of 2002. Targetting and ship design is very much like
Maximum Burn, and technology is much like Fire On The Suns.
Corvus by Grendal
This is a dropship usable with 28mm figures.
The item number is F0036.
Dan's Fast & Simple SciFi Fleet Rules (circa 2000) by Dan Abbott
Also known as "A Sky Full of Ships".
A game of simple rules, so huge fleets can be played.
These rules are available over the internet
and at http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/.
Dark Lightening (2001) by Dark Corner Games
Not yet available. Apparently there will also be
miniatures produced for this game. This is a game
of "starship fighter combat" for 2 to 6 players.
Deep Space Warfleet by Zac Soden
Orginally named Battle Space Fleet Command.
Ships are made from plastic building bricks,
such as LEGO, where each is less than 25cm long.
In playtest as of 2003. Anyone who would like
to help playtest this game contact Zax Sodoen
DV (2000) by Ad Astra Games
See Attact Vector: Tactical.
DV or Delta V was the orginal name before the game was released.
Dirt Cheap Starships (2001) by Microtactix Games
This is cardstock models in 25mm scale.
It includes a shuttlecraft and 3D interior
of a spaceship.
Earth Expects (1999) by Andrew Harding
"Earth Expects is a highly detailed set of tactical
space combat rules which emphasise skill over firepower.
It is well suited to playing battles from duels to squadron
actions; because of the high level of detail, large fleet
battles can be slow to play and therefore optional rules are
provided to speed play in these games." The rules can be
found online at www.grognard.com.
Easy Quickplay Star Trek (1998) by Vinny and Steve Witty
A simple Star Trek game.
Embattled Trek (circa 1979) by Wee Warriors
Out of print.
A "Zipgame" of simple spaceship combat based on Star Trek,
but it did not have the Star Trek license.
Encounter I (Space Fleet Actions) (1979, 1983) by Starfleet Studies and by Table Top Games
See also Starhound.
Designed by P. Brough and M. Booth as 'Starfleet Studies'.
Enemy Engaged (circa 2006) by Bladerunner Press
- Encounter I, 1st edition - Starfleet Studies,
hand drawn red card cover.
- Encounter I, 2nd edition - Starfleet Studies,
glossy black card cover with a silver foil
print design, many changes from 1st edition.
- Encounter I, 3rd edition - Table Top Games,
black on a glossy white card cover,
a reprint of the 2nd edition.
- Encounter 2 - never completed
Was to be a game of ground combat,
Starhound was written instead.
- Encounter 3 - never completed,
Was to be a game of combat within the corridors of a spaceship.
Not much information is available on this game of miniature
Engage! by Last Unicorn Games
Never produced since Last Unicorn and Wizards of
the Coast lost the gaming rights to Star Trek on
Jan. 1, 2001.
These were to be the miniature rules that go with
Star Trek: The Next Generation Role Playing Game.
The were also to have ship miniatures.
Decipher has plans to release this game,
but it is on their back burner as of early 2003.
Event Horizon by Kremlin Miniatures
A set of free rules, "Quick Play Star Ship Combat Rules".
The rules include tactical battles, ship design and
campaign rules. The rules can be found at Event Horizon.
ExTac by ?
In development (2001). Set in the Exporium
universe from the books by Smith & Towbridge.
Fate and Destiny: Star Force at War, Warfare in the 30th Century (2006) by Steven R. Lorenz
Rules for fleet combat that includes fighters, missiles,
grappling and boarding parties. Seperate sections cover
ground tactical combat and a compaign system. In playtest
and development as of early 2006. The "beta" rules are
available on line for free at
Fast Play Fleet: Babylon 5 by Madan Mitra
The rules for this game can be found at
Fast Play Fleet: Star Trek by Madan Mitra
The rules for this game can be found at
and at http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/Rules/Science_Fiction/fastplay/fpfstartrek.htm.
Federation Commander by Amarillo Design Bureau
A Star Trek spaceship combat game released November 2005.
Amarillo Design Bureau wrote about this game, "Federation
Commander is the new "fast play" starship combat game from
Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc., the people who brought you the
intense (and complex) game Star Fleet Battles, the best-selling
starship combat game of all time. Federation Commander is
designed for the new markets of the 21st Century, where players
expect and demand high production values, rules they can learn
in an hour, and games that can be played multiple times in a
single evening. ... Also available will be 'squadron boxes',
see Starline 2400 miniatures, which exactly match the ships
in Federation Commander.
The Federation Training Manual for Starship Combat Simulation In Miniatures by P.A.K. (1976)
- Federation Commander: First Missions Rulebook - a free introduction
Can be downloaded from Link to PDF file
- 4001 Federation Commander: Klingon Border(2005)
- 4001-2 Federation Commander: Klingon Border Rulebook (2005)
- 4001-3 Federation Commander Klingon Border Ship Cards, 16 (2005)
- 4001-4 Federation Commander: Klingon Border Player Reference Card (2005)
- 4001-6 Federation Commander: Klingon Border Markers (1/2") (2005)
- 4003 Federation Commander: Academy, starter set (2007)
Includes: Rulebook from Klingon Border, 216 counters,
map, 4 ship cards and weapons reference card.
- 4003-2 Federation Commander: Academy Countersheet, (2007)
A sheet of 72 counters "with new generation graphics".
- 4004 Federation Commander: Graduation, expansion (2007)
Includes everything from Klingon Boarder not included
Federation Commander: Academy.
- 4006 Federation Commander: Romulan Space (2007)
Includes all parts of Romulan Boarder not included in
- 4501-1 Federation Commander: Klingon Border Counters (1") (2005)
- 4001-9 Federation Commander Klingon Border Ship Cards, 5 not included in boosters 1, 2 and 3 (2005)
- 4101 Federation Commander: Klingon Attack (2006)
- 4101-1 Federation Commander Klingon Attack Rulebook (2006)
- 4101-3 Federation Commander Klingon Attack 16 Ship Cards (2006)
- 4101-4 Federation Commander Klingon Attack 1/2" Counters (2006)
- 4101-5 Federation Commander Klingon Attack Ship Cards, 4 - not in boosters 4, 5 and 6. (2006)
- 4501-1 Federation Commander Klingon Border Counters 1" (2005)
- 4501-2 Federation Commander Klingon Attack 1" Counters (2006)
- 4002 Federation Commander: Romulan Border (2006)
- 4002S Romulan Border parts not duplicated in Klingon Border (2006)
- 4002-2 Federation Commander: Romulan Border Rulebook (2006)
- 4002-3 Federation Commander: Romulan Border 16 Ship Cards (2006)
- 4002-4 Federation Commander: Romulan Border 1/2" Counters (2006)
- 4004 Federation Commander: Graduration - along with 4003 makes a complete Klingon Border set.
- 4501-3 Federation Commander: Romulan Border 1" Countersheet (2006)
- 4002-6 Federation Commander: Romulan Border Player Reference Card #1 (2006)
- 4002-7 Federation Commander: Romulan Border Player Reference Card #2 (2006)
- 4002-9 Federation Commander: Romulan Border 6 Ship Cards (2006)
- 4021 Federation Commander: Briefing #1 (not yet available)
- 4102 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack (2006)
- 4102-2 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack Rulebook (2006)
- 4102-3 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack 16 Ship Cards (2006)
- 4102-4 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack 1/2" Counters (2006)
- 4401-4 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack 1" Countersheet (2006)
- 4102-5 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack Mounted Asteriod Map Panels (2006)
- 4102-6 Federation Commander: Romulan Attack 5 Ship Cards (2006)
- 4103 Federation Commander: Tholian Attack (2007)
- 4104 Federation Commander: Battleships (2007)
- 4104-4 Federation Commander: Battleships Countersheet (2007)
- 4200 Booster #0 - 6 additional ship cards (2006)
- 4201 Booster #1: Federation Task Force - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4202 Booster #2: Klingon Harassment Squadron - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4203 Booster #3: Border Patrols and Mercenaries - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4204 Booster #4: Federation Responce Force - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4205 Booster #5: Klingon Aggressor Squadron - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4206 Booster #6: Kzinti Reinforcements - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4207 Booster #7: Federation Reinforcements - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4208 Booster #8: The Battle of Tekezeal - 7 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4209 Booster #9: Romulan 3rd Star Legion - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4210 Booster #10: The Battel of Zulu Station - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4211 Booster #11: Gorn Assault Force - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4212 Booster #12: Romulan 4th Star Legion - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4213 Booster #13: Battle of the Hook - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4214 Booster #14: Assault on Base Station Three - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4215 Booster #15: Raid on Base Station Four - 8 addional ship cards (2006)
- 4216 Booster #16: Alliance Dreadnoughts - 8 addional ship cards (2007)
- 4217 Booster #17: Gods of War - 8 addional ship cards (2007)
- 4218 Booster #18: Titans of the Stars - 8 addional ship cards (2007)
- ? Federation Commander: Line of Battle - 9 battleship cards (2008)
- 5308 Special Battle Map Pack - planets and asteriods, has both 1.25" and 0.625" hex sizes (2007)
- 5310 Deluxe Space Battle Maps (2005)
- 5311 Uncut Eight Panel Map (2006)
- 5312 Uncut Six Panel Map (2006)
- 5320 Mounted Double Sided Space Maps (2005)
- 4002-5 Standard Mounted Map Panels (2006) - 5/8" on one side and 1.25" on the other side
- 5313 Special Mounted Map Panels 0.625" (2006)
- 5314 Special Mounted Map Panels 1.25" (2006)
- 5401 Captain's Lapel Pin
- 5611-3F Ammunition Countersheet (2006)
- Captain's Log Magazine:
- 4901 Federation Commander T-Shirt - with art from Klingon Border (2005)
Author is C.L. Mangene
Felt Game Mats by Hotz Artworks
"Star clusters have been airbrush and painted in various sizes
and colors onto the mat surface to resemble star systems."
The size is 6 feet by 4 feet. These are available with or
without space clouds and solar flares (the red airbrushed
area on the mats. Product number 9802.
Fighter Combat AD2222 by Peter Pig
"...fast and easy fighter games. games that last about
30 minutes." Previously named Interceptors and Intruders.
Final Frontier: Starship Combat in the Star Trek Universe by ?
This game is in playtest and not in production as of
May 2002. The setting for this game is Star Trek:
Next Generation. This game will not be able to be
produced and sold unless the license from Paramount
Pictures can be obtained. The complexity of this
game is on the level of Star Fleet Battles or Babylon
5 Wars, but it does appear to play faster than Star
Fleet Battles. There are rules for engery allocation
and shield reinforcement amoung many other things.
Stats for a large number of ships is included, and
most races are covered. Written by Stuart E. Thayn
and Gary W. Roe.
Firepower Pass: 3D Space Squadron Combat (2006) by Vizor Publishing
"Designed to easily control 15-20 capital ships a side
(which can be 4-5 squadrons), while concentrating on
squadron level tactics, Firepower Pass uses a unique
command oriented system that allows units to attack as
individual ships (i.e. at a tactical level) yet defend
and maneuver in 3D as squadrons. Octagonal 3D movement
tiles easily and elegantly depict the 2D vector of 3D
movement." Designed by Keith Tracton. Available as
hardcopy book, PDF files on CD and downloadable PDF.
A stgreamlined combat example is available for free at
Firing Solution (circa 2007) by Digital Alchemy
A fleet level tactical space combat game with compaign
rules. The predesigned can be used or new ships can be
designed. Four empires are defined in the rules and new
empires can be created with "a simple system". "...bring
3D battlefields to life without vectors or other complex math."
This game uses the FUDGE system as it's core. A demo copy
of the rules is avaialable on the Digital Alchemy website.
Fleet Action by Agents of Gaming
In November 2002, these miniatures went out of production, since
Agents of Gaming lost the license rights for Babylon 5 games.
Note the Turning Point game also went out of production.
Fleet Commander 3600 by Mariner Games
Not yet available, in playtest as of 2002.
Full Impulse (circa 2004) by Void Gamers
This is Full Thrust adapted to the Star Trek
setting. The ship SSD sheets are well done
with their design matching each race. The
rules are available for free online at
Full Thrust by Ground Zero Games (miniatures)
All designed by Jon Tuffley.
Links to sites about Full Thrust.